I'm a huge fan of this cool thing called Earth. If I could go everywhere in the world, I probably would. Alas, money and laws prevent me from doing such, but that's where the internet helps plenty cope. With amazing entertainment, delicious foods, and stunning sights from so many different countries, it allows me to at least get a sliver of another « world », so to speak.
Think there's something I 'ought to look at? Let me know.
Finland is a place I, admittedly, know little to nothing about.
- Blind Channel— Finland's entry for Eurovision 2021. Their performance was stunning and leaves me still wanting to join the Dark Side. I've been enjoying their older albums while I wait.
France has had a metric crap tonne of great things over the years (I swear it's not the background talking). Between the stunning architecture and the delicious foods, it's safe to say I will go back, at least to travel, in the future.
- Tintin— I have basically every single one of the comics. I watched Tintin on the tele, but also have read each book over so many times. Repose en paix, Hergé.
- Barbara Pravi— France's entry for Eurovision 2021. Her performance was bold, to say the least. A bold outfit, a bold song, a bold voice; still amazes me that France didn't win. After ESC, I listen to her other songs and fell in love with the style.
Italy is a place I can barely remember (it has been quite a while since I was last in Europe), but can still tell from pictures alone that it's nothing short of breathless. Nothing beats pasta or pizza straight from the heart of its origins.
- Måneskin— Italy's entry for Eurovision 2021. A breathtaking performance that had me begging for more. After a gander on Spotify, their latest was up and already doing rounds.
Can't mention Japan and entertainment without mentioning manga or anime. Arguably, you also can't not mention the gorgeous temples and shrines scattered along the country. Definitely a place I want to go to take pictures and enjoy the serenity.
- Keion!— one of my favourites; follows just some normal high school life and solid friendships. Both the manga and the anime were amazing and the music budget was way too high (in the best way possible)
- Black Butler— like Sherlock and Tintin, but in Japan. A mix of comedy, a bit of mystery, and merely one of hell of a butler.
- BNA— a show from one of the most infamous animation studios in Japan; how could it be short of anything amazing. This original work is nothing short of amazing; the soundtrack, the animation, the art style. One of the most well-done animes I watched as of late.
Sights to See
- Shinto shrines There are so many gorgeous shrines scattered amongst Japan. I love the bold red colour of some of the posts, as well as the stunning and familiar design of the arches
- Mt. Fuji One of the most well-known volcanoes in the world, it looks absolutely stunning any way you frame it. It's something I would like to hike, but probably never will because of the amount of work it takes to prepare for such an increase in elevation (roughly 3.750 metres)
- Chicken teriyaki One of my favourite things to eat because of the combination of both the sweetness of the teriyaki sauce and the well-seasoned chicken.
- Ramen Not a huge fan of packaged broth, but I do like experimenting and trying different combinations to build the broth. I usually stick with beef, but I might try a fish-based one in the future.